1. Make your intention for ablution. You may say “I intend this wudu for prayer to Allah most High. In the name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate”.
At each step, cover the body part completely with just enough water to wet it. The water used must be clean and unaltered, for example by soap or perfume.
2. Wash your hands three times. Wash the right with the left, then the left with the right, then each hand twice more.
3. Rinse the mouth three times. It is recommended to clean the teeth now or before wudu.
4. Rinse your nose three times by snuffing water and blowing it out.
5. Wash your face with both hands three times.
6. Wash your right forearm from the fingers to elbow three times, and wash the left arm in the same way three times.
7. Wash your head once by running both hands from the forehead to the nape and then back to the forehead.
8. Wash your ears, index finger in ear and thumb in back of ear, once.
9. Wash your feet three times, first the right foot up to the ankle with the right hand and then your left foot with the right hand. Wash between the toes at least once on each foot.
10. Then say:
as-hadu al-laa ilaha illa-llah
wa as-hadu anna muhammadan abåduhu wa rasuluh.
“I bear witness there is no god but God and that Muhammad is His Slave and His Messenger.” You may raise your right index finger, indicating the Unity, as you say this.
It is recommended to let your washed parts air-dry.